Welcome to Starbreaker: the gonzo-romantic cyberpunk fantasy rock operatic saga by Matthew Graybosch. This is the series where all-too-human androids and swashbuckling soprano catgirls expose corruption and fight demons from outer space.
Would You Like to Know More?
You'll be able to access information about my novels and stories (and eventually the text thereof) and information about my characters and setting.
The Main Sequence
These novels constitute the core Starbreaker series, and are best read in sequence.
- Without Bloodshed — Part I of Starbreaker (2013)
- Morgan must prove he isn't the Phoenix Society's assassin as conspiracies envelop him and his friends, but how can he refute the naked truth?
- Shattered Guardian — Part II of Starbreaker (WIP)
- The truth sets no one free. The truth about Morgan's nature, the Phoenix Society, and the clandestine war in which he finds himself embroiled will prove a deadly prison indeed.
Preludes to Starbreaker
If it feels like the characters had lives and did things before the events of Without Bloodshed, it's because they did. Sorry about that.
Sometimes I write stories or novels introducing characters who go on to play important roles in the Starbreaker saga. You'll find them listed here, and you can read them whenever you like.
- Silent Clarion — a Starbreaker novel (2016)
- Naomi Bradleigh needed a break from her duties as an Adversary sworn to the Phoenix Society. What she got was the post-breakup working vacation from Hell.
The Very Beginning
Feeling adventurous? Looking for a learning experience or just a good laugh? I've got just the thing…
- Starbreaker — the original 2009 draft
- This monster novel has never before seen the light of day. Come and see how it all began, and my original vision of how it might end.
These are shorter pieces that I wrote to help promote the novels. Well, most of them are. You can read them all for free online.
- The Milgram Battery
- Before Morgan Stormrider may take his oath as an Adversary he must prove himself by facing the Milgram Battery, a series of tests that will force him to choose between obeying his conscience and obeying authority.
- Limited Liability
- The first and thus far only story to be set after the events of Starbreaker has Morgan Stormrider playing the heavy, but whether somebody is the bad guy is often a matter of perspective.
- The Holiday Rush
- This was a story I originally wrote to promote Starbreaker for the Christmas season on the Curiosity Quills Press website, and it was originally called "Of Cats and Cardigans".
- Tattoo Vampire
- This one was a little Halloween tie-in I did for the Curiosity Quills Press website, showing one of Morgan Stormrider's first missions. It also ties into "Steadfast" and Silent Clarion by mentioning "Project Harker".
- One of my contacts at Curiosity Quills Press wanted an origin story for Naomi Bradleigh after I published Without Bloodshed in 2013, and "Steadfast" was my first attempt at such. It was meant to be a short story, but soon expanded to novelette length. And since that wasn't enough, I ended up writing Silent Clarion.
Ready to Buy?
If you're already sold on Starbreaker, you can buy copies of Without Bloodshed and Silent Clarion from Amazon.
In addition, you may be able to get a paperback copy of Without Bloodshed from your local retailer if you ask around. Try Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, or your favorite local bookseller. They might not have copies in stock, but if they use Ingram for distribution they can order it for you.
Already Read It?
If you've already read some or all of my Starbreaker stories, I would love it if you'd leave reviews on Amazon. Every review helps, even if they're short. While I'd love four or five star reviews; it's OK to leave negative reviews, too. I'm a New Yorker; I can handle it.
Please tell your friends, too.
So, Starbreaker isn't your cup of tea? I understand. Thanks for visiting, regardless.
Before you go, please consider visiting Curiosity Quills Press. They might have something more appealing.