How to Hire Me for a Development Position
Hi. If you’re reading this page, you’re probably a technical recruiter looking for candidates for a position. Since we’re both professionals, allow me to provide some information to help you decide whether it’s worth your time to reach out to me.
You may find some of these requirements unreasonable, but that’s part of my design. I already have a solid job where I make good money doing work that helps people. If you want me to come work for your clients instead, you’ve got to make it worth my while.
Current Job Status
I am not currently open to new opportunities. However, you are welcome to take a look at my LinkedIn profile and introduce yourself.
What I Offer
- I built this website from scratch using Jekyll, HTML5, and CSS3 generated with Sass.
- I am a full-stack developer capable of doing front-end work, extremely comfortable with back-end development, and capable of working as a system or database administrator if necessary.
- I build websites using standards-compliant code and design with accessibility in mind.
- I have worked with .NET, ASP.NET, MS SQL Server, LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP), and Salesforce in a professional capacity.
- I can also work with C, C++, Python, Ruby, Java. I can read COBOL well enough to reverse-engineer and modernize COBOL applications.
- I use Linux at home, and am familiar with several different distributions.
- I have worked in the software development trade since 2000.
- I am based in Central Pennsylvania.
- I am a US citizen.
- I am a Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder.
- I strongly prefer remote work, but can work on-site.
- I am willing to travel, within reason.
Jobs I Want
I prefer projects where I can use and expand my skills to serve the common good. To that end, these are the sort of positions I prefer:
- Municipal/state government projects
- Federal projects for the following agencies/departments: EPA, FTC, Dept. of the Interior, FDA, NASA, HHS, HUD, CDC, NIH, or NIMH
- Non-profits and NGOs like the EFF, ACLU, Amnesty International, or the United Way
- Life sciences/medical/bioinformatics
- For salaried positions, I require between $75,000 and $100,000 depending on benefits.
- For W2 contracts my hourly rate is $50.
- For 1099 contracts my hourly rate is $75.
Still Want to Contact Me?
If you still think I might be a good fit for your position, please email me.