Hi. Thanks for visiting. I’m Matthew Graybosch, originally of Sayville, NY. If you haven’t heard about me, and haven’t read my books or seen me around the network before, this page is where you should start if you want to know more about me.
I’m the author of novels like Without Bloodshed and Silent Clarion and short stories like “The Milgram Battery” and “Limited Liability”. I’m supposed to be writing a new novel called Shattered Guardian and I might actually finish it sometime before Ragnarok…
Basic Facts About Me
I’m not the legend Chuck Norris has made himself, but there are a few things you should know about me.
- The name of my science fantasy saga, Starbreaker came from a classic Judas Priest song.
- If I’ve listened to a song at least five times, I can identify it during the opening riff.
- In addition to being a novelist, I’m a self-taught software developer.
- I know how to make long-distance relationships work.
- I’ve managed to stay married more than a decade.
- Stray cats come to me and say hello.
- You can buy my books on Amazon. I know Jeff Bezos is too damn rich for everybody else’s good, but help a writer out. 🙂
- I only use Windows at my day job. At home I run OpenBSD.
- My Google searches are allegedly lunch-break conversations at the NSA and GCHQ. (They must really be bored.)
Book Jacket Bio
According to official records maintained by the state of New York, Matthew was born somewhere on Long Island in 1978.
Urban legends suggest he might be Rosemary’s Baby or the result of top-secret DOD attempts to continue Nazi experiments combining human technology and black magic. The most outlandish tale suggests that he sprang fully grown from his father’s forehead with a sledgehammer in one hand and the second edition of The C Programming Language in the other — and has been giving the poor man headaches ever since.
The truth is more prosaic. Matthew is an author from New York who lives with his wife and cats in central Pennsylvania. He is also an avid reader, a long-haired metalhead, and an unrepentant nerd with delusions of erudition.
Without Bloodshed (2013) is his first published novel, followed by Silent Clarion (2016). He has also written short stories like “The Milgram Battery”, “Limited Liability”, and “Tattoo Vampire”. He is allegedly working on the next Starbreaker novel, Shattered Guardian, but sources within the NSA suggest he’s doing nothing of the sort.
His day job is software development, and we’re not sure how he remains sane. We could ask, but we suspect he’d say, “I’m not sane. I’m high-functioning.”